![]() |
| Hot Chocolate!! Chase, Jacob, Packer, Emma, Hunter, Kaylee, Kathryn, Brig |
Kath and I ran 13.2 miles this morning. She is definitely a faster runner than I am, but I realized that I can run faster than I have been - I can push myself. I love running with her and talking! Sisters are the best!
After we got all cleaned up, we took the kids to The Ice Cream Parlor by Mack's Inn to get hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls. They didn't have cinnamon rolls, but the kids were more than happy with just hot chocolate!
![]() |
| Kathryn in Grandpas old overalls, painting the garage. |
Every time we asked dad what we could do to help out at the cabin, he would say, "Just have fun." However, he talked a lot about all the things that needed to be done this summer - but that we didn't need to worry about them, he would do it when he got up there. We decided to surprise him by painting the garage and cabin. We didn't get it all done, but we did get a pretty good start on it. He was very grateful and mentioned it several times over the next few days as we would talk or text. It always feels good to help out, especially when help is not expected.
![]() |
| Jacob and Chase reading to each other while Kath and I painted and the other kids worked on their forts. |
Kids played outside working on their fort, then when they were hungry they made lunch (because Kath and I were painting). My favorite part was when Kaylee came out to tell us lunch was ready so we could come out - what a cute little mother. After eating, they cleaned up, put Brig down for a nap, and then went back out to play.
We were cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and found a bunch of matches on the floor. I asked Chase if he had got any matches - he looked at me confused, "what do you mean? What kind of matches?" Matches, did you get any kind of matches? "I got Go Fish matches..."
Deb is here! We celebrated by having s'mores. We decided to do them in the oven so we didn't have to deal with fires and smelling like smoke. We thought the kids might be disappointed but they definitely enjoyed them to the fullest!
![]() |
| Emma - s'more beautiful! |
![]() |
| Brigham, Packer, Jacob, Chase - Yummm! |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.