Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Doctor -vs- Friends

Packer & Mallory in back; Hunter & Will; Chase & Luke; Jaxson (JJ) & Brig
Today I taught Mallory Preston piano lessons and had the rest of the Preston kids over to play.  I have been amazed at how well all of our kids play - it helps that they all match up in age so well - all now except Kinley.  Today they asked if I would take their picture and then lined up like this all by themselves.  I like the first one because it shows them paired up in age order, but the second is a little more true to character.

Pretty much how it always is around here...



We went to the doctor for Chase and Kinley. Kinley is charted at 90th % for height, 75th % weight, 50th % for head. She seems so small I would never guess she was so high up on the charts.

Chase on the other hand is small for his size - I can't remember the percentiles, but the doctor asked my height and McKay's and said he is a little under where he should be based on our height. He's not too worried about it but we'll look at it next year. However, we did the development sheet they always have you fill out and he did awesome!! It was for 4-6 year olds and he answered everything!

Chase also had to get his shots. He went in so brave and was so helpful and just perfect. Then it was his turn to get his shots - he even wanted to hand her the shot to give to him but he knocked off the cap and saw the needle. He was still brave but I could see his hesitation. He sat there so bravely until she but the first shot in. Then when it hurt, his reflex was to push it away which he did. After that I had to hold his hands while he cried and screamed. I guess he didn't expect it to hurt that much...

I took him to go get an icee at the snowshack after with the Preston kids (Jaxson was getting stitches on his upper lip - poor kid! So I took the rest of their kids while they took care of JJ) he also got to pick dinner tonight: sausage, eggs and eggnog - I decided to make muffins with it. He didn't like that idea but then when it came time to eat, he drank eggnog and ate several muffins but didn't want his egg or sausage. Funny kid!!

At night, we have had Brig fall to sleep on the lazy-boy recliner in Kinley's room because he and Chase were goofing around too much. After he is asleep, we carry him into his own bed. He has wanted to sleep in there instead of his own bed - he has even woke up crying in the middle of the night that he wanted to sleep in Kinley's room. Tonight he had been in there about an hour when he called for daddy. When McKay went in there he asked, "A different bed."

McKay asked, "Do you want to go in your own bed?"
"Uh-Huh"
"Ok, let's go."
"Tank you"
When he got in his room he told McKay he also wanted his pillow. After that, all was right in the world and he could go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.