| Seals hanging out on the rocks just outside our house. |
| More seals on more rocks. |
| Our beach. |
We went to church today in the smallest actual church building I have ever been in! The chapel was about 8 rows of chairs without any kind of overflow. The sacrament bread had a pile of white and wheat separated on each tray - I'm guessing one was gluten free which seems to be a big thing in Oregon. It's interesting to me to see the little quirks of all the new places we visit. It makes me wonder what quirks people see when they visit us...
After church we went for a drive up the coast. We looked at otter rock & devils punch bowl. We also went to cape disappointment where the gift shop was celebrating their 75th anniversary. We weren't going to buy anything, but they gave all of us a free Hershey bar and all the kids a balloon tied to a taffy - a big hit with the kids. The boys new the Heiders were coming today and their kids would not have balloons, so when we got back to the house the kids all let their balloons go and watched them fly away. I was surprised with how much fun they had doing it...and as always with boys it quickly became a competition of whose balloon they could see the longest, went the highest, went the fastest, etc. Gotta love boys!
| Picture McKay took. |
![]() |
| Like father, like son - Chase's day to take pictures with our older camera, and he wanted to be just like his dad. I love this! I can't think of a better hero for him to have than his dad! |
| Yacita Head Lighthouse |
| Otter Rock |
| Devil's Punchbowl |
| Love the hair! - I think it's a little windy... |
| View from Cape Disappointment. |
| LOVE this sign!! |
| Cape Disappointment quickly became the boys' favorite stop when they gave out free chocolate bars and balloons to celebrate their 75th anniversary. |
| We may have found a place as windy as Twin Falls - and I think I know which way it blows! |
| I think the boys were hoping we'd see Superman after this. |
| Goodbye balloons! Also a good shot of the dragon sculpture. |
| Watching the balloons until they were all completely gone. |
| McKay playing with the camera, finding beauty everywhere. |
| Even in the middle of the day its a little spooky. |
| Our pet dragon. |
This afternoon, we walked down to the beach which is just down the hill from the house. We looked at starfish, looked at the sea lions, watched birds soar by, and the boys gathered shells. It was fun to wander and explore together and then they started to dig a little in the sand so I just sat and watched the waves. The ocean has such a calming effect - Simply Amazing!!
I was also humbled to think that someday, I am going to create a world and amazed that McKay chose me to not only be with him in this world but also to create one together. That is a lot of love and trust he has given me! A lot from Heavenly Father as well.
I am sitting looking out at the ocean and watching Packer and Brigham walk up from the shore - they are so cute. I absolutely love my boys!!!!
| Full shot of the house - Can't believe we're staying here! |
| Tide pooling right outside our house. |
| Seals |
| Hunter and Chase having an awesome time exploring the tide pools - AND no one fell in! Bonus!! |
| Brigham - poking a great find! |
| Packer, Hunter, Chase - Eventually they were done looking at sea animals and started digging in the sand. The first of many sand castles on this trip. |
| I could sit on the beach forever watching and listening to the waves crash! |
| Chase found a dragon's egg on the property. |
| Tylie and Dillon finally got here!! |
| I think Chase is a little excited! |
| The Heider family - Justin, Angela and kids Dillon, Tylie, and Adison. |
| Part of the Barlow family - Wish we had the rest of the kids, this would have been an awesome family picture! |
| I love the beautiful landscaping up to the front of the house. |
| Brigham loves the extra time he gets to spend with dad. |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.