Friday, September 25, 2009

Strange Nights

Last night was really strange. Packer's alarm went off at midnight. Of course the night before we had told Hunter that since Packer wasn't going to school today, he needed to be the one to turn off the alarm. So instead of turning off his alarm, Packer gets up and tries to wake up Hunter so he can turn off the alarm and get ready for school. Of course Hunter, my child who could always use a little more sleep, is just curled up in a little ball crying because he is tired and doesn't want to get up yet - I can't blame him, I didn't want to be up either. I told them all to go back to sleep, set Packer's alarm for the right time, and went back to bed as well. I haven't been sleeping so well, once I wake up I tend to have a really hard time going back to sleep because my mind is so active with dumb thoughts or I am having crazy awake dreams - many that are very scary or sad. Fortunately, I was able to go back to sleep last night - for a little while at least.



At 4am, Chase got out of his crib and came walking into our room. I think he thought it was time to get up. I told him to come give me a hug and then it was time to get back into bed. He didn't argue which surprised me but made me happy. I think something happened when I put him in bed, but I can't remember - it is all a blur, I was so tired. So again, I went back to bed (after I got some more water - being pregnant sure makes me thirsty!!). I was very surprised and grateful that I fell back to sleep so quickly this second time - the lack of sleep from previous nights must really be catching up to me. I seriously think that I could sleep all the time.



Tonight for dinner, we got take-out from A Taste of Thai. I got out the kid's big map book to show them where Thailand is, so they would know where the food we were eating came from. Hunter chimed in, "Wow, dad drove a long way to get dinner!" I guess I could have explained it better, but I love to see how literal kids are at this age (5 yrs old).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.