Today, the boys were so good in Sacrament Meeting. I was so impressed because I was actually able to listen. Then...I don't know what happened. Chase absolutely refused to go into nursery. He wouldn't even go in with me - he just screamed and hit. I don't know that I dealt with it the right way. He ended up just going with me to class. He was a little disruptive, but I didn't know what else to do. Now that I think about it, I should have taken him outside and held his hands until he calmed down and was ready to go to nursery. Maybe I'll try that next time - which hopefully won't happen.
At dinner, we always ask the kids what they learned in their lessons. I don't know what is up with Packer, he is a brilliant boy with an amazing memory. But for some reason when I ask him what he learned in church or school, he has no clue and can't remember anything. Of course, if he watches a movie once - 3 weeks later he is quoting random parts, I don't get it! McKay suggested that maybe he just thinks it's easier to say he doesn't know so he doesn't have to answer. So today, I had him sit there and think until he could remember what his lesson was about. He finally was able to come up with something and I let him go play - I just don't get what the deal is. We do this every week! He knows it is coming! However, most weeks it's like pulling teeth out to get him to tell us what he learned. I really don't think he is the class clown, his teachers always say how he has all the answers - I just don't get it.
Tomorrow we go to our first doctor appointment for this baby. I am 13 weeks today. I am so excited!! Even though I have been tired and not been feeling great and my tummy seems to be the size of a 5 month pregnant lady, it is hard to believe it is real. I really look forward to hearing the heart beat and having an ultrasound to make sure that everything is OK.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.