Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sick

Packer woke up this morning and said his stomach hurt. This would not be the first time but usually we just give him some breakfast, he feels better, and he goes to school. This is what happened today - until about 11:30 when his teacher called and said he had thrown up...on the floor Packer told me later - oh lovely! So how do you know when they really are sick and when they aren't?! Ali Johnson just wrote on Facebook that her son pretended to be sick at school so he could come home and then he just wanted to play. She also said that when her kids are sick that means no TV, etc. I think I may agree if I am not sure they are really sick and maybe just trying to get out of going to school, but when he is throwing up and has diarrhea, I know he isn't feeling good. I also know that when I am sick, I can't always sleep, reading often just gives me a headache, and just laying there gets old really fast. Maybe I'm a softy, but I let my kids watch TV, play quiet games, and try to do what I can to make them comfortable.




Before I had to pick Packer up from school, I took Hunter to school. Chase would not let me get him dressed. I was going to just take him in his PJ's, but then I caught a whiff of him and there was no way I could take that any longer. He threw an absolute tantrum the entire time I was changing his diaper and getting him dressed. Then he screamed all the way to Hunter's school. On the way back he was still screaming and I realized I couldn't go home yet - I wasn't ready to deal with him right then. I was playing some mellow music and just kept on driving. After another 10 minutes or so, he had calmed down. It made me wonder though - do I have a 2 year old or a 2 month old. I haven't had to do that since I think Hunter was an infant! Mostly though, I'm just glad it worked. When we got home, he was so happy you would have never known we had a problem. He was a great helper after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.