Thursday, October 1, 2009

To the Cabin

We are at the cabin for the long weekend (Idaho Education Association – the teachers have trainings so the kids don’t have school Thursday or Friday). Last night on our way up, the weather was cold but nothing bad until we got close to Pocatello. First it started to rain, then sleet, then snow – and I mean really snow! It was hard to see and of course there was road construction so McKay had to really concentrate to make sure he stayed on the road. We got to the I-15 junction and it was still snowing, but then turned to sleet, then rain and then finally nothing. It was funny only because we were about the same distance away from Pocatello that it all started as we were when it ended. Weird, Pocatello must have the weather machine that created that storm because it was the center of it.
Today we literally did nothing – it was great! Well, I guess that’s not completely true: We slept in, we meaning mom and dad – the kids got up extra early! Go figure – hello, it’s vacation! You’re supposed to sleep as long as you can. We had breakfast, I read my scriptures, we played games, McKay went running while I caught up on journaling, we had lunch, I took a nap, I went running, the kids watched a movie, Chase napped, we had dinner and now the boys are in bed so McKay and I are going to watch a movie. What a great day! On top of that we snow flurries all morning. It has been really cold but we have a fire and had hot chocolate (I had hot milk) with toast this morning. We spent all day in our sweats and have felt like it should be almost Christmas, not almost Halloween. We even sang a couple Christmas carols while we played 5 crowns. We have just had so much fun! I love it here and am so grateful that we are able to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.